I love books, and I’m often asked if I have certain book recommendations for time management, productivity, or mindset. Since we’re talking about hobbies in this month’s series, I decided this is probably a good time to share some of my favorites!
Side Note: I know this might cause a problem for some of you because I struggle every time I listen to a guest interview on Jon Acuff’s podcast. At the end of every guest episode, Jon asks his podcast guest to list their “Mount Rushmore” of books. After listening to enough of these, my Amazon wish list has become insane!
I want to share several different genres of books that fit within 2 main categories:
- Books that speak to creating some breathing room in your life
- Books for fun (because reading is how I often enjoy spending the breathing room I’ve created in my life!)
Each genre will include my current top two and an honorable mention. Hopefully, you can find something here that is familiar and relatable or that you are excited to add to your wishlist & read.
Books That Speak to Creating Some Breathing Room in Your Life
- Soundtracks: The Surprising Solution to Overthinking & Your New Playlist: The Student’s Guide to Tapping into the Superpower of Mindset by Jon Acuff (& L.E. and McRae)
- Slow Growth Equals Strong Roots: Finding Grace, Freedom, and Purpose in an Overachieving World by Mary Marantz
- Believe It: How to Go from Underestimated to Unstoppable by Jamie Kern Lima
PRODUCTIVITY & HUSTLE CULTURE
- The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry: How to Stay Emotionally Healthy and Spiritually Alive in the Chaos of the Modern World by John Mark Comer
- How to Keep House While Drowning: A Gentle Approach to Cleaning and Organizing by KC Davis
- Holy Hustle: Embracing a Work-Hard, Rest-Well Life by Crystal Stine
- Basically anything by Holley Gerth (You’re Already Amazing & Life Growth Guide, Fiercehearted, The Powerful Purpose of Introverts)
- Present Over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living by Shauna Niequist
- Basically anything by Brené Brown (Daring Greatly, The Gifts of Imperfection)
Books for Fun
- Dirt: Growing Strong Roots in What Makes the Broken Beautiful by Mary Marantz
- The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom, Elizabeth & John Sherrill
- A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller
- The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- The Land of Stories series by Chris Colfer (Kurt on Glee)
- The Keeper of the Lost Cities series by Shannon Messenger
A FEW MORE I LOVE
- Capital Gaines: Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff by Chip Gaines
- Hero on a Mission by Donald Miller
- Holy Hygge: Creating a Place for People to Gather and the Gospel to Grow by Jamie Erickson
I know I shared a lot of books today, so sorry-not-sorry if your wishlist just got a lot longer!
If you’ve read any of the books I mentioned, I would love to hear your thoughts on them! Or do you have a few in mind that weren’t mentioned? I am forever adding to my own wishlist, so I would love to know what they are! Make sure you’re in our podcast community so we can continue this conversation together.
Until next time, happy reading!
Some of the links I share are affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you go through them to make a purchase. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because I think they are amazing and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases!